Saturday, January 28, 2012

小食店@太古Pacific Mall

Went to Pacific Mall today for only one reason - TO EAT! heheehee
All the 小食店 moved upstairs.. So I went upstairs and nom nom nom all the way.

1. I went to Fruit Jungle 三不賣:
I ordered fish ball (魚蛋), beef ball (牛丸), siu mai (魚肉燒賣) and honey green tea (蜂蜜珍珠綠茶).
Price:
- Fish ball - $1.5 for 5 balls,
- Beef ball - $1.5 for 5 balls,
- Siu Mai - think it is $2 for 5,
- Honey green tea (with tapioca) - $2.50 for 500ml.

Taste: (you can pick spicy or not)
- Fish ball - spicy and 彈牙!
- Beef ball - MY FAVOURITE! The most yumyumm beef ball compare to the other stores.
- Siu Mai - it's alright... didn't really like it. It was those frozen siu mai from the supermarket, I prefer those homemade fish meat siu mai. (I MISS the fish siu mai from the street in Hong Kong)
- Honey green tea (with tapioca) - the tapioca is soo good, chewy but not hard. The sweetness of the drink is just right, not too sweet, LOVE it! =)

2. Then I went to Prairie Lamb Kabob (Pacific Mall 2nd floor Store #P1, next to the men washroom). The skewers are sooooo good! MUST TRY MUST TRY!

It's $5 for 3 skewers or $10 for 7 skewers (you can mix and match with lamb, beef, chicken).
I ordered 3 lamb, 2 beef, 2 chicken (from left to right). Also, you can pick spicy, mild or not spicy. (I tried spicy at first, it's kinda too spicy for me so I ordered mild for the second order)
The lamb was SOOOOO GOOD! oh my! I LOVE IT! It smells good, it tastes good!
The beef was alright, the meat was tender but nothing special.
The chicken was alright, not bad but nothing special.

I just can't stop eating the lamb skewer, and wanted more, so I ordered 7 more lamb skewers! hahaha =P

3. After the lamb skewers, I went to 真之味 (across the lamb skewer place). I AM SO DISAPPOINTED! There were always a lot of people so I thought the food should be yummy! BUT! It's no good at all!! The lady beside us was eating the fish ball bought from 真之味 and told us it taste bad, the texture is bad too.

I ordered siu mai ($2 for 4), escargot ($2.5 for a skewer):The siu mai taste sooo bad and the texture is bad too. AND IT'S COLD!
The escargot is tasteless... Didn't like it at all.
I don't understand why there's always a lot of people lining up there. Maybe they were having the same thought as me "hey so many people lining up, the food should be good"... WRONG WRONG! Don't even waste the space in your stomach to try the food there.

4. After the bad food, we went to 好之味 for eggette 雞蛋仔 ($3 for 1, $5 for 2)
It was not crispy enough, usually it's not like that. I wondered if it's because it's Saturday today and there was a lot of people today and they were rushing to make the eggette..
Even though it's not crispy enough, it still taste really good, strong flavour of the egg, yummy yummy!I'm starting to miss the street food in Hong Kong now.. Fish siu mai, fish ball, smelly tofu, eggette and more and more ....

Grace

5 comments:

  1. 今日Good Friday 周圍唔開門,卒之走咗去太古逛逛,順便試下Grace推介嘅串串串,以前二樓嘅魚蛋檔變咗水晶甲,原來搬咗上food court 真知味魚蛋檔,試咗真知味再試三不賣,今次反而覺得真知味好啲,跟住再試埋羊肉串,真係幾好味,一個人食咗十串,唔落辣粉好似唔多夠味,落咗辣粉就非常之好味不過就咸咗少少,食完即刻要幫襯珍珠奶茶。:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 你係三不賣買左D咩啊?
      上次我地食真之味, 真係唔好食呢=( 連坐係隔離個女人都話真之味差左
      我通常食中辣羊肉串. 勁辣你食唔食到? D人話辣羊肉串好正 =) 我平時都係食10-12串呵呵!!!

      Grace

      Delete
    2. 兩間都係買同一樣嘢,牛丸同魚蛋,咁先有得比較嘛,街邊燒賣就唔使試啦,睇見都知唔係幾掂。羊肉串我鐘意勁辣:)

      羊腎唔知乜味呢?無試到,下次試下。

      重食咗Cheese Puffs 唔好食 :(

      Delete
    3. 你下次問佢可唔可以勁辣但少咸啦

      cheese puffs? 係 bearded papa? 佢D cream puff唔錯的

      Grace

      Delete