Saturday, February 4, 2012

Patisserie Gateau 金莎堡 review

Patisserie Gateau 金莎堡

Location: 3229 Hwy 7 E, First Markham Place Unit B8, Markham (it's not INSIDE the First Markham Place mall, it's somewhere around the restaurants..)
Phone: (905) 474 3168

I LOVE white sugar cake (白糖糕) and put chai ko (砵仔糕) ever since I was a kid! I never had any good ones after I came to Canada.
Yesterday my teacher and I were talking about white sugar cakes and she told me that the white sugar cake at Patisserie Gateau is really good, so I went there today to check it out. I bought white sugar cake (白糖糕) and put chai ko (砵仔糕) ..

**** by the way, they only sell white sugar cake and put chai ko on Saturdays and Sundays.

Put Chai Ko 砵仔糕: There's 2 put chai ko in one pack. There's either both brown, both white or one brown one white. I picked one brown one white. But I actually prefer brown put chai ko, I have always like the brown put chai ko since I was a kid! I still remember how I always fight with my elder brother (5 year older than me) for the brown put chai ko haha! The white one and brown one taste different. What's your put chai ko color? =)

White sugar cake (白糖糕): There's 2 big slices in a pack. It's sooo good!! I have tried a lot of white sugar cake from a lot of other places: supermarkets, bakery... They don't taste good. But the white sugar cake from Patisserie Gateau is so good, there's not a bit of sour taste in it! The sweetness is just right! The texture is sticky and soft, SO GOOD! Patisserie Gateau is probably going to be my first choice to go buy white sugar cake!

Grace

15 comments:

  1. Glad to know 金莎堡白糖糕 has no sour taste, will give it a try, tried 白糖糕 at so many places, none of them was good, some of them not only sour but some funny taste. BTW 砵仔糕 is super easy to make at home.

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya! finally found a good 白糖糕 in town (it's good but not as good as the one in hong kong so don't have too high expectations haha)

      haha ok ok! i will go buy the 一個個窿既tray make 砵仔糕 so there will be good 砵仔糕 in town from now on AHAHHAHAHAHAA! =D

      Grace

      Delete
  2. I am using small bowls like the one at tea place not 窿窿tray..I can make 12 in 20 mins =D

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 普通飯碗去蒸? 等我得閒試下整.

      Grace

      Delete
  3. Today I bought and immediately tried the 白糖糕. The sweetness is very good. I like it. There is only one pack left when I bought it at noon. However the 白糖糕 is not soft. Actually it is a bit hard and tough. Hope I did not buy from yesterday's stock :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did u eat right after u got home?
      First time I bought it, I rush home n eat it right away, its warm n soft!
      Second time I bought it, I ate them at night, its cold n hard.. so i have to re-steam it! no, i think they make them in the morning.
      I was at First Markham Place today too =)

      Grace

      Delete
    2. Oh! I miss you. I only stay there for a short while to buy 白糖糕. After First Markham Place, I go home immediately and eat my 白糖糕. It is already cold and hard. Though I have to walk from the Patisserie Gateau out in the cold into the Mall and then walk back to my car later. But I don't think it should get hard that easily. I will try your method and steam it for the 2nd piece. The 白糖糕 I bought from T&T will last till the next day.

      I also see the mini clay miniatures display. Is it the petiteworkshop that you go for? I see another one "bebeto..." but that one the style is different. Am I right?

      Delete
    3. haha yes its the petite workshop!
      yea didnt really like that one, i mean.. its cute but doesn't look real. I like how petite workshop makes the miniature looks so real =D

      Grace

      Delete
  4. Yeah both feel the same way. It is your real look alike miniatures that first catch my eyes. What is your next project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm im making flowers.. should be done by this Thursday. But cannot post it up yet! It's a gift for someone, I will post it up by the end of February after I gave it to her =)

      Grace

      Delete
    2. The gift recipient must be delighted with such a special gift hand made by you. Is it a basket or a bundle of flowers . I will wait for your next masterpiece

      Delete
  5. Thank you for this info. I was looking for 砵仔糕 in GTA. Now I know, thank you!!! :D

    ReplyDelete