Monday, February 6, 2012

Sano Sushi 佐野 review (2nd visit)

Sano Sushi 佐野 (all you can eat)

Location: 8143 Yonge Street, Thornhill
Phone: (905) 771 9861
Price: (lunch) $12.95 // (dinner) $20.95 (15% off if you pay by cash, don't know when the offer is going to end though, call before you go)
More info: www.sanosushi.com
1st visit: http://grace510.blogspot.ca/2012/01/sano-sushi-review.html

First of all, I want to say Happy Birthday to a good friend! You know who you are :) It's just so funny how I bumped into you tonight on your birthday at Sano Sushi (actually sitting next to your table hahahaha what a coincident). Hope you had a good dinner with your parents! I'm SOOO HAPPY to see you!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! *hugs*

Okay so back to Sano Sushi. I was in a bad mood today so I decided to go eat something I love -- SUSHI! =) I went to Sano Sushi AGAIN! haha well.. I like this place (for the REALLY GOOD service and good sushi) so thought it might cheer myself up a bit if I go there for dinner!

Here is our SUSHI BOAT .. (I LOVE how they present their food, ALWAYS SO PRETTY!) You really thought you aren't having all you can eat because the presentation of the dishes are so pretty. (I would say they have the best presentation compare to the other jap all you can eat!)
Even though it might not matter how they present the food but I really appreciate their 細心/心思!! It just makes you smile when you see such pretty sushi boat with a flashing ice cube on the boat! =D
Flashing ice cube turns BLUE. =) The ice cube just make me smile heehee
I ordered white tuna sashimi, salmon sashimi, spicy salmon sushi, sano sushi, flying fish roe sushi, octopus sushi

- White tuna sashimi: might be better if they slice it a little bit thicker
- Salmon sashimi: same thing as the white tuna sashimi, it's a bit too thin, wish they slice it a bit thicker
- Spicy salmon sushi: soo good! There is a lot of spicy salmon stuffed into the sushi, which is good! However, there's TOO MUCH rice.
- Sano sushi: it has crab meat in it and it taste spicy. I like the flavour! However, same problem with the spicy salmon sushi, too much rice...
- Flying fish roe sushi: A lot of flying fish roe! GOOD GOOD! But also too much rice.. =/
- Octopus sushi: the octopus is good and fresh! =)

- Shrimp sushi: It's alright..
- Red tuna sushi: Good.
- Eel sushi: Taste good! But would be better if the eel is warmer.
- Octopus sushi: Good.

Black Dragon roll: Shrimp, flying fish roe, cucumber with eel on top! YUMMY! =)

Thornhill roll: Cooked salmon and cream cheese. It taste alright, so-so. Not my roll.

迷人Pink Lady!! joking! the roll is called Pink Lady roll: well, I didn't like it at all.. It's basically Sano roll (spicy crab meat with crispy) with smoked salmon on top. It is SO SALTY! Guess it might be better if they change the top (smoked salmon) into something else. The smoked salmon taste too salty....

Golden dragon roll: Don't know what the yellow thing on the top is, I think it's mango.. not sure haha. There's shrimp, cucumber, and flying fish roll. Yummy, taste good!

Eel avocado roll: YUMMY! My favourite roll! The avocado melt in your mouth, it blends well with the eel! LOVE it! =D

Then I ordered mango pudding (they said mango jelly on the menu), strawberry mousse, mango yogurt for dessert. The dessert are sooooo good! MUST TRY every single thing! Read my first review for Sano Sushi, you will see all the dessert (except for ice creams) and the comments on them.

Overall,

Environment: The seats are cushioned and really comfortable. I sat there for 3 hours (7:30-10:30) tonight. I didn't even realized I have already sat there for 3 hours, so you can tell how comfortable the seats are hahaha. And the place is nice and spacious.
Service: Thumbs up! Wonderful service. I'm really pleased with their attentiveness!! =)
1. The servers are really attentive:
- Once I sat down, the server came over to greet us and ask if we want to start with any drink (tea or pop)!
- Then during the dinner, when we almost finish the food on our table, the server came over ask if we would like to order more food.
- They would stop by your table from time to time to check if everything is alright, if the food is good, if any order has been missed.

2. The servers are knowledgeable: They know about every dish, they will tell you the names and the ingredients in the roll, they remember everything! The server at other all you can place has no knowledge to the dishes at all, always asked me to wait and they'll go ask the chef. BUT at Sano Sushi, every server can tell you everything about the dishes! They are definitely well trained!

3. The servers are really friendly: They would stop by and talk with you and always have a smile on their face.

Food: Would be better if there's less rice in the sushi. Other than that, the food are good!!!

This is my second time visiting Sano, if you want to know about my first visit, please go to:
http://grace510.blogspot.com/2012/01/sano-sushi-review.html

Grace

20 comments:

  1. I had my third visit there Sunday night and 拾捌砵was there Saturday night as well. We may bump into each other one day.=)

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that would be awesome! or we should just go together, more people means we can try more dishes! =D

      Grace

      Delete
    2. Just curious, you guys know each other?

      D

      Delete
    3. I sometimes leave comments on 18boot's blog and MJ found my blog from 18boot's blog. I don't know 18boot's, I just randomly found it online =)

      MJ and I have never met lei! But I don't mind going dinner together =DDDDD
      *nom nom nom*

      Grace

      Delete
    4. Nice and not nice.

      Nice, to have dinner with friends.
      Not nice, everyone review the same restaurent. :)

      D

      Delete
    5. haha but we might have different comments on the food.

      sometimes i like to go dinner with a big group so we can try more dishes =D

      Grace

      Delete
    6. You are right, dinner with big group is better, unless you have a candle night dinner with bf.


      D

      Delete
    7. candle light咁激=.=" 我諗我唔會咁做哈哈!
      我依家每星期都有約一大班朋友食飯, 講好每星期最少一日.
      不過咁岩呢2星期, 4個人去左香港, 我地本來10-12人, 所以hold 左2星期未食過"大茶飯"哈哈

      Grace

      Delete
    8. Just happen to read this post again...

      Nosy nosy Dan, what do you want to find out..hehe

      Grace, are you dating me ? =D

      Don't forget mom's 10 commandments :

      The first one of all is :

      - Don't meet strangers you know via internet.

      Just kidding guys, I am only a normal person loves to eat and follow to where the good food is ! lol

      MJ

      Delete
    9. You know "D"?
      YES i want to go on a date with you =D
      Hahahaaha! My mom never told me that! LOL!!!

      Grace

      Delete
    10. Grace, I don't know Dan aka D personally, We only talked to each other over 18 boot's blog=)

      MJ

      Delete
    11. MJ, you are very 心水清. 加你一分.


      DanakaD

      Delete
    12. Dan, 並非我心水清,還記得我曾經講過我有超强記記億力嗎?過目不忘(photographic memory)! LOL

      Grace,唔好意思,霸用妳嘅地頭講無謂嘢。=D

      MJ

      Delete
    13. MJ, 羨慕你有超強記憶力, 唔會同你打麻雀, 輸硬.

      有樣嘢想問你, 响呢個 blog 點可以睇到新出嘅message posting, 唔通要入去每一個 blog 睇吓有冇新 message post 出嚟? 18boot 個 blog 可以睇 recent posting, 比較易搵, 呢度點做?

      我希望 Grace 唔介意我地霸佢地頭亂嗡, 我地冇 blog 只有強佔人地山頭; 直至比人趕走.

      DanakaD

      Delete
    14. The template Grace is using doesnt include this feature.

      MJ

      Delete
    15. 我整左啦.右邊有哂最近既comments.見唔見到?
      haha, 無所謂啊, 多D黎嗡! =)

      Grace

      Delete
    16. 多謝妳呀 Grace 加咗 recent comment, 搵起上嚟易好多.

      好呀,我會多啲嚟嗡咖喇, 多謝妳呀.


      DanakaD

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. we should have a gathering at least once a month haha =)

      Grace

      Delete